Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Product Review: Philosophy take a deep breath oil-free energizing oxygen gel cream

I received this product in my June MyGlam bag and have been using it daily since then. I actually haven't been using moisturizer for a while because I ran out of my favorite brand and it's no longer manufactured, so I think I've had a pretty good test of this product. I'd heard of philosophy before but neither I nor my roommate had ever tried them, so I was unsure what to expect.


I wasn't that big on this product when I first received it, but I am determined to give everything I receive in my sample subscription boxes a good try, and this moisturizer definitely grew on me. I'm still scornful of philosophy's pseudoscience claim of "This cream diffuses energizing oxygen to detoxify skin and support cell respiration," but I can set that aside in the face of my actual enjoyment of the product. My skin feels much softer than it did at the start of the summer despite the ridiculously drying heat here and the fact that I've been taking many, many shifts at the telescope, where the air is much drier. I've also noticed a slight improvement in breakouts on my cheeks, which I was very surprised by! I may consider repurchasing this product if I run out of the other (very very nice but ridiculously expensive) moisturizer I got in my GlossyBox and don't receive any others to try in the near future. 


This product is still rather expensive for my tastes, but I'm enjoying it much more than I expected. It might be a splurge item in the future. We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment