Friday, June 15, 2012

Product Review: Zoya Nail Polish

I have heard amazing things about this product and was really excited to try it when I got it in my GlossyBox. I love nail polish and am pretty picky about what brands I will buy and use, because my nails go through a lot of wear and tear working with pure acetone and lots of fiddly vials and jars in a chemistry lab and with lots of big heavy machinery at my telescope job. I hate having nail polish that chips easily, and so OPI is usually my go-to polish since I've had great luck with it not chipping and with the top coat protecting my polish pretty well even when I'm working directly with pure acetone.

Unfortunately, I was less than pleased with the results I got from the Zoya polish. I'm not even working in labs or at the telescope right now, just taking an easy summer class, and this polish started chipping the first day I was wearing it. It also took forever to dry. I liked the color, a sort of shimmery teal, but I was so disappointed with the quality of the polish. The final straw for me was when a chunk flaked off for no reason into the soup I was eating. I want to wear my nail polish, not eat it.

I'll definitely be giving this to my roommate or otherwise trading it for something. This polish is not worth my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment